Stay in the know on all smart updates of your favorite topics.
Last week we hosted The Future Of Mobility Workshop at the SmartCities NY ’18 Conference where we demonstrated how The Netherlands is the leader in smart, safe and sustainable mobility.
We divided the participants into 5 workgroups to speak with the industry leaders like Goudappel, Deloitte, TWTG, RAI / Intertraffic, Yazamtec, OC Mobility, 2GetThere, TomTom & Atos, Delivery-bike, Lumiguide to demonstrate Dutch solutions on themes “Future Mobility Planning”, “Smart Parking”, “Autonomous First And Last Mile Solutions”, “Urban Data And Smart Mobility Solutions”, & “Green Mobility”.
To see the video summary visit: https://youtu.be/HzDvvjSaOZk
There were 60 participants attending the workshop to learn from the experts and showcase why The Netherlands offers a rich ecosystem of world class suppliers, knowledge institutes and service providers. From design, architecture, car and equipment manufacture through to innovative new technologies and green smart mobility solutions.
Did you know:
1. The Dutch were the first to map the world in the Middle ages... TomTom Dutch company delivering over 550,000,000 (yes, 550 million) data points per day
2. The Netherlands is the only country in which real autonomous vehicles move people among normal traffic
3. With over 90,000 EVs charged every day, the Netherlands operates one of the world’s largest and most advanced charging infrastructures.
4. KPMG and Roland Berger named the Netherlands global frontrunner in Future mobility (prepared for Autonomous driving, disruptive tech)
5. NL is the only country in the world that facilitates multimodal trip planning with one chip card
6. >90% of the chips in your car, cellphone are produced on a machine built in the Netherlands/Brainport Eindhoven by ASML
7. In the Netherlands the world’s first shockwave reduction project, which applies car2x communication in ‘normal’ traffic, was introduced on a highway that is equipped with cooperative roadside units (WiFi-P)
8. The Netherlands is one of the safest countries in the world with the most bicycles fully integrated bicycles in the mobility system
9. The Netherlands has the most cost efficient public transport
10. The Dutch automotive sector employs 55,000 people, most of whom work in the ancillary supply domain.
The Future of Mobility Conference was organised by AMSiXL and Brainport Eindhoven
For more information about upcoming future mobility workshops contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2018, the Board will strive for realizing the initiative ‘Green Deal Zero Emission Stadslogistiek (ZES) in the Amsterdam metropolitan area. Governments, companies and knowledge institutions are therefore working together in order to make goods transportation emission free by 2025.
Do you have an interesting initiative, or are you – along with other parties – part of a project that focuses on cleaner and more sustainable goods transportation? Share this with us before the end of March.
For, towards the end of April, we will start an ‘online display’. In it, all currently active projects/initiatives around sustainable city-logistics within the metropolitan area are going to be presented. This will offer a clear overview of all the initiatives already running, furthermore, it might inspire others to get started on zero-emission urban transport.
We are therefore calling everyone to enrol, regardless of whether you’re a big or small initiative. There are already countless transporters in the Amsterdam metropolitan area that contribute to this much needed improvement/change. The first step is to make them visible for other interested parties, in order for the latter to be able to find and join initiatives and/or to share their knowledge and expertise. The next step is to scale up successful local initiatives, from being regional to becoming nationwide and even worldwide projects.
Is your organization/business/company committed to clean and smart urban logistics, and do you believe others can learn from your experience(s)? Then sign your-self/company up! We’re not only looking for companies with, for instance, a sustainable and smart way of transportation, but also for interesting/innovative collaborations that contribute to clean and green city transportation!
The Logistic Hub supplies the city in a smart and sustainable manner, gets rid of inefficient courier routes and replaces smelly delivery trucks with clean electric vehicles.
Watch the movie
Watch the movie about the logistic hub for smart and sustainable supply on youtube:
Check the article about the Logistics Hub/Simply Mile featured in our online magazine 'Smart Stories':
EV Energy paves the way for a future decarbonisation of the energy and mobility sector.
Articles by Green IT Amsterdam
- Removing the last hurdle to EV’s integration: policies and regulations overdue make-over
- Embracing the flexible energy revolution in urban cities
- EV ENERGY at the European Sustainable Energy Week
- Nieuwe mobiliteitsoplossingen vereisen slimme ICT / New mobility solutions require smarter ICT
- Opslag van energie Amsterdam Arena wijst datacenters de weg
- RTL7 - Green Project (Dutch TV - We explain how your electric car can function as a small power plant!)
- EV Energy takes action! (Video on the actions planned in our partner regions to promote sustainable mobility and energy)
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive upfront all news, updates and events from the EV ENERGY project !
Cooperation between companies in South East Amsterdam, waste collectors, start-ups and knowledge institutions on the realisation of a circular economy and the reduction in the number of journeys.
Improve the safety, accessibility, air quality, quality of life, and attractiveness of Amsterdam.
The CIVIC- project aims to find innovative solutions for construction logistics
MIF II was founded in 2015 by Schiphol, KLM, TU Delft, NS and Port of Amsterdam, together with NBI Investors, the manager of the fund. We help entrepreneurs accelerate by combining VC funding with the expertise and global network of our partners, who can also act as pilot partner or launching customer.
MIF II invests in innovative technology companies that are gaining traction and are looking for funding, expertise and network to speed up their growth. MIF II aims to acquire a substantial minority interest in its portfolio companies. Initial ticket sizes range from EUR 200.000 to EUR 1.000.000. MIF II is in the position to lead or participate in follow on rounds, up to total commitments of EUR 3.000.000 and over.