Every first Wednesday of the month we have an infomal gathering at OBA to learn, experiment and build IoT by ourselves (helping eachother). We also collaborate in projects, this evening we will kickoff our participation in Astroplant.io (https://www.sensemakersams.org/astro-plant/)
Want to receive updates like this in your inbox?
Get notified about new updates, opportunities or events that match your interests.
Maybe you will also like these updates
Scrolling endlessly? Get off your screen and join us for an evening of insights and inspiration with remarkable speakers at our upcoming meetup event! Mike Lee of Stichting Appsterdam will revisit the crucial topic of ethics in app development, shedding light on principles for the future. Joris de Leeuw will share some useful techniques to avoid our constant digital distractions. Mohamed S Bah, founder of City Rights App, will share creative solutions for migrant challenges through podcasting and storytelling. Social designer Anna Noyons of (ink). social design will discuss designing products that bring out the best in people. Emiel Poot will explore the balance between human nature and the digital landscape. See you there for a night of discovery and connections!
- 17:00 Welcome drinks - Welcome drinks to break the ice and network a bit with fellow attendees.
- 17:30 Opening and Welcome - Pinch / Appsterdam
- 17:45 Kick-off Speaker - Mike Lee - Mayor of Appsterdam. Mike will be revisiting his 2013 flagship talk “Ethics Made Easy”. How does this talk still hold up ten years later? What has changed, what principles should app makers consider going forward?
- 18:10 Joris de Leeuw - focus trainer at Diep Werk Doen. With his company Diep Werk Doen Joris trains knowledge workers how to better concentrate on their work and resist the constant lure of apps, calls, email and media. His method teaches the principle of attention by design; how we can reshape our own thoughts and behaviours to become more productive and less restless and distracted. He will give a talk on a few of the most recent insights in the field of focus and productivity. Website: https://www.diepwerkdoen.nl.
- 18:30 Mohamed Bah - City Rights App and City Rights Radio. Mohamed is the founder and host of the City Rights Radio and co-founder of the City Rights App. With his platforms he tries to find creative solutions to problems faced by migrants. Concerned with the dangers of negative stereotypes and its impact on the already marginalized community, he uses podcasting, and storytelling to reframe migrant representation in media.
- 18:40 Food is served
- 19:10 Anna Noyons - Anna is a social designer and the founder of (ink). social design. Anna will give a talk about designing services, products and systems that bring out the best in us, people.
- 19:30 Emiel Poot - De Jonge Strateeg & Appsterdammer - Emiel will delve into the balance between our human nature and todays digital landscape. We all have a fundamental need for social connection, but how have our instincts adapted to digital relationships, communication, and sense of belonging? Join us as we navigate the fascinating synergy between our wired brains and the virtual networks that have reshaped the very essence of human interaction.
- 20:00 - Closing and networking drinks.
CULTUURVERANDERING IN DE BOUW
Binnen de bouw zal men in de toekomst anders moeten gaan werken vanwege de maatschappelijke opgaven als duurzaamheid, klimaat en het arbeidstekort. De bouw zal (meer) moeten leren werken met alle digitale mogelijkheden die er zijn en aankomen. Dat vereist een andere cultuur van samenwerken. Zowel binnen het bedrijf als in de keten.
Ook het tekort aan personeel zorgt ervoor dat anders zal moeten worden omgegaan met personeel. Bedrijven zullen inclusiever moeten worden, zullen ook te maken krijgen met zij-instromers en ook hier zal digitalisering ervoor zorgen dat meer gedaan kan worden met minder mensen. Dr. ir. Koos Johannes, onderzoeker cultuur & ketensamenwerking bij de HVA zal tijdens het diner zijn inzichten delen over de Cultuurverandering in de bouw. Over deze, en nog veel meer onderwerpen, gaat het komende Innovation Dinner met als thema: Cultuurverandering in de bouw.
Wil jij meepraten over dit onderwerp? Meld je dan nu aan voor dit innovation dinner!
During this Meetup we will discuss how modular construction with wood and steel transforms traditional construction practices and opens new doors for efficiency, sustainability and creativity. The project team of the project “Modular and c
Circular Bridge Systems” will show the results of this project and would like to discuss the challenges that modular construction brings with it in the areas of creativity versus standardization, digitalization, circular materials and new business models.
Modular and industrial construction is an umbrella term for innovative construction methods that promote efficiency and sustainability. In modular construction, structures are built from prefabricated modules or components that are produced in a factory and then assembled on the construction site. This speeds up construction time and minimizes waste. Industrial construction focuses on advanced manufacturing technologies and standardized processes to improve quality and efficiency, while also offering flexibility in design. Both approaches contribute to cost savings, reduced environmental impact and faster project delivery in the construction sector.
The project team that will give the presentation consists of:
Thijs Asselbergs - Thijs Asselbergs Architectuurcentrale
Arjan Karssen - Bureau Arjan Karssen
Anke Rolvink - Packhunt
Jasper Dol - 3D Makers Zone (3DMZ)
Mark Feijen - Isaac
Chris Aerts - AplusV
Annette Beerepoot - BouwLab R&Do
16:00 - 18:00 | BouwLab - Oudeweg 91-96, Haarlem