Amazing Monday - Join us for an update on sports & VR
- What role can Virtual Reality play in experiencing sports events? How are sports professionals using VR for training purposes? What companies are active in the field, and what are the first experiences of of sports, media and tech companies?
- Join us on 7 November at the Amsterdam ArenA for an afternoon of talks and demos on the cross-over between virtual reality and sports - with a special focus on football.
- The event will take place on 7 November, from 15.00-18.00 at the Amsterdam ArenA, and is organised by the Amsterdam ArenA and iMMovator, as part of the Spectacular ArenA program SAX.
15.30-17.00 Presentations - moderated by Monique van Dusseldorp
- Erfan Sardaati, Head of VR at Surround Vision, an award-winning, full-service virtual reality production, post-production and app development studio best known for their work done for Sky Sports VR, including Beckham VR, the Tour de France in VR, or the Formula1 experience. See their showreel of VR work for Sky Sports.
- Samuel Westberg, Director of Sales, LivelikeVR. Paris-based LiveLikeVR offers the world’s first virtual reality platform to watch live sports with friends. LiveLike enables teams and sports broadcasters to reach socially-connected viewers through the emerging medium of virtual reality and is used amongst others by Fox for their Sports VR app.
- Ray van Brandenburg, Research Scientist in the area of Media Networking and Future Internet Architectures, TNO will present Tiled VR Streaming, the industry’s first VR streaming solution that can deliver ultra-high quality VR content with negligible latency at realistic, affordable bitrates. Video recordings can be made part of VR experiences in the highest resolution. For more information see the press release on the TNO website
- Sander Schouten, Business Director Beyond Sports. Beyond Sports builds Virtual Reality simulations of real soccer matches, based on real match data. These simulations are viewable through the Oculus Rift or mobile VR. On top of the match simulation engine, they have developed different tools to be used for pro match analysis, custom tailored training programs and fan experience.
- Robert-Jan Blonk, VR Producer at MediaMonks. Mediamonks is a global player in VR, with a series of cutting edge campaign productions
- Arne Mosselman, Strategy Director at Helden, a media company in the world of sports. Arne will present some learnings from the series of 360 recordings made together with Samsung during the Rio Olympics, including those made in De Medaille Taxi
17.00-18.00 Drinks and demos
- Erfan Sardaati, Head of VR will show the work done for Sky Sports by Surround Vision,
- Nicolaas Westerhof, Club Implementation Manager and Mark Snijders, Brand Ambassador at Beyond Sports will present the Beyond Sports VR demo and their Hololens demo
- Samuel Westberg will demo LivelikeVR
- Robert-Jan Blonk and Chris Byrnes will bring various Mediamonks VR productions, like I am Brazuca. They will show their work on Vive, Oculus Rift, Samsung GearVR, Microsoft Hololens and Sony Playstation VR
- Arne Mosselman will bring the 360 videos made at the Rio Olympics for the Samsung GearVR
- Ray van Brandenburg, Research Scientist in the area of Media Networking and Future Internet Architectures, TNO will demo Tiled VR Streaming
Registration is free but we have limited places so sign up soon! Please use the form on this site.
Do you have a VR project or demo you want to present? Contact Monique van Dusseldorp, via <firstname.lastname@example.org>