What is the goal of the project?
The goals is to:
- have several successful pilots by midst 2017 (started 1st December 2016) in order to illustrate what the development of smart city Amstelveen can do for citizens and entrepreneurs in the city as well as for the city management.
- propose if and if so: how to continue the development of smart city Amstelveen.
- develop a proposal for continuous development of knowledge and insight in what new technology and new ways of working can mean for the civil servant as it can boost added value, as well as insight in what it can do for the services to citizens and entrepreneurs in the city. The goal is to achieve that innovation and change is normal routine within an environment that also has to be credible and solid in order to give citizens and entrepreneurs the necessary security and stability of what government can and will do.
What is the result of the project?
The aimed results is:
- pilots showing smart city, beneficial to citizens and entrepreneurs in the city Amstelveen.
- plan for the near future for how to continue with innovation, without limiting what can be started.
- an approach for continuous development of knowledge and insight in what is possible.
Who initiated the project and which organizations are involved?
The council initiated.
What is the next step?
To clarify where we are, what to expect and develop proposals as well as conintuing the pilots untill they have deliverd the desired result.
What can other cities learn from your project?
To learn: how to start such a process, how to maintain it, where it can go wrong (and repaired :)), with whom, how etc etc
Personally, I rather took some time to create support of a number of inhabitants of Amstelveen. Monthly informal meetings with an open invitation, a thrilling presentation and in the first place an open discussion about the value added of being a smart city might be the starting point.