Call for applications is open until April 2nd. The program will last from April 2023 until early July 2023.
The AMS Startup Booster is a business idea development and validation program hosted by AMS Institute, aiming to help aspiring entrepreneurs turn their gut feeling into a business. The entrepreneurs are expected to pursue an impact-driven startup in the field of urban tech.
Lasting 3 months, the AMS Startup Booster 2023 will start on April 14th and run until early July 2023. The program will be hybrid, mainly physical at the AMS Institute (Marineterrein, Amsterdam). The program is most effective when all teams are fully committed so during the aforementioned time period there is a minimum requirement of 8 hours per week for each startup.
How: Building blocks of the AMS Startup Booster program
The program consists of key components that help prepare for a successful start-up:
- An entrepreneurship curriculum with more than 20 workshops & masterclasses
- Mentoring by Industry experts & successful entrepreneurs
- Access to cutting-edge research by AMS Institute experts
- Connections & Insights into how public organizations work through our partnership with Gemeente of Amsterdam
- Lifelong access to online entrepreneurship & pitching courses
- Office space & Makerspace
- 1K Credit for Miro
- Cost & equity free
Workshops & Masterclasses by renowned professionals
Through a series of workshops and masterclasses offered by renowned professionals & business experts, we take your startup idea from a concept to a validated business model. During these workshops, the following topics will be addressed:
- Research Fundamentals & Problem Definition
- Market Segmentation & Customer Personas
- Customer Discovery
- Value Proposition & Business Model Design
- MVP Design & Prototyping
- Experiment Design
In addition, our complimentary masterclasses will cover topics such as Team Fit & Alignment, Marketing & Branding, IP Rights, Finance & Funding, and many more. Peer-to-peer sessions and 1-on-1 coaching will complete the free services we offer to the selected startups. In total, the startups will get a 360 entrepreneurship curriculum consisting of more than 30 workshops & masterclasses.
Demo Day: Pitch & win fantastic prizes
We close off the program with a Demo Day during which the teams showcase their business ideas and prototypes to a broad audience of experts, investors, and entrepreneurs and compete for a list of amazing prizes! Prizes include:
- A prize of €5000 euros cash for product development
- An in-kind prize of €10.000 for a feasibility experiment in the testing area of Marineterrein Amsterdam Living Lab
- Access to follow-up programs & funding opportunities from AMS Institute & founding partners (WUR & TU Delft)
- Additional customer discovery sessions & continuous coaching & mentoring
- Office Space & Makerspace
- Promo material & access to a large network of public and private AMS Partners
In addition, connections with other programs and potential investors will be made.
We are looking for ambitious students, researchers and young professionals who have an awesome business idea that could impact city life and solve metropolitan challenges. Please note we are looking for teams not a single founder.
Apply for the AMS Startup Booster via this form. Applications should be submitted no later than April 2nd.