Visit Coffee & Data: Cities on Friday 7 October 2016 and learn about the opportunities of data science for cities and citizens. Get the latest insights from research into blockchain for cities, online neighbourhood platforms, city logistics and crowd management, and be inspired by updates from the municipality of Amsterdam and the Amsterdam Innovation Arena.
Coffee & Data is an event series by Amsterdam Data Science (ADS), a collaboration of UvA, VU, HvA, CWI, that offers the opportunity for researchers and business to share their knowledge and give insight on a central theme. There is also a chance to network with a cup of coffee.
With presentations by:
- Tamas Erkelens (Programme Manager Data Innovation, Municipality of Amsterdam) - Data Innovation in Amsterdam
- Ruurd Priester (Research Fellow, HvA) - Neighbourhood Insights
- Marc Makkes (High Performance Distributed Computing Group, VU) - Blockchain for Cities
- Hannes Mühleisen (Scientific staff member, CWI) - Crowd Management with Social Media
- Jan Wester (TNO, Big Data Value Center) - Amsterdam Innovation Arena
- Susanne Balm (Faculty of Technology, HvA) - City logistics in neighbourhoods
Register for this event at the ADS Meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/Amsterdam-Data-Science/events/232753585/
In this Coffee & Data event we will explore the boundaries of data science technology and applications for cities and citizens. Citizens are generating masses of data on social media, voicing their opinions and sharing images of their neighbourhoods. Cities have many datasets, for example on public space, infrastructure and processes. Data scientists research how end users can gain new, valuable insights to improve city processes and neighbourhoods.
Part of Amsterdam eWeek
This ADS Coffee & Data Event is part of Amsterdam eWeek, 3-8 October 2016, the International Festival for Online Business, Media, Marketing and Technology. For more information see: <http://www.amsterdameweek.com>
Location: University of Amsterdam, Oudemanhuispoort building, Room D0.08
Address: Oudemanhuispoort 4-6, Amsterdam
Date: Friday 7 October, 08:45 - 11:30 (see Meetup page for full programme)