Researchers Sultan Cetin (TU Delft), Catherine De Wolf (ETH Zurich) and Nancy Bocken (Maastricht University), have developed a novel framework combining Circular Economy principles and life cycle stages of buildings, and mapped ten potentially enabling digital technologies.
- Additive/robotic manufacturing;
- Artificial intelligence;
- Big data and analytics;
- Blockchain technology;
- Building information modelling;
- Digital platforms/marketplaces;
- Digital twins;
- The geographical information system;
- Material passports/databanks;
- The internet of things.