How do we shape the new normal? Marineterrein Amsterdam Living Lab is looking for innovative ideas to help us safely reopen our restaurants and public spaces. Join the New Normal Challenge for a chance to test your solution on the Marineterrein!
The Coronavirus crisis has transformed our lives and its impacts will continue to be felt for months, potentially years. We are only beginning to shape the “New Normal”. What impact will keeping a 1.5 meter distance away from each other have on our lives?
Marineterrein Amsterdam Living Lab (MALL) is a place to develop, test and apply solutions to global urban challenges and it’s the ideal location to bring creative ideas for our post Coronavirus life to fruition. Amsterdam Smart City is a core partner of the MALL.
With The New Normal Challenge, we are looking for other innovative ideas that can help us shape the new normal. This includes spatial, technological, social, and behavioral solutions for a better living environment.
Specifically we are looking for creative solutions on three challenges:
- How can restaurants and cafes on the Marineterrein safely reopen and adapt to the rapidly changing governmental guidelines?
- How can we ensure safe access and use of public space on the Marineterrein, especially during upcoming summer months when many people use it for cooling off?
- How can we use the current corona crisis to support lasting change toward more sustainable practices in Amsterdam?
Join the Challenge!
The challenge is open to anyone with an innovative idea, including citizens, NGO’s, start-ups, SME’s and corporates. Interested parties should submit their proposal by Friday, June 5 at 19:00.
Following an initial evaluation the top three ideas per challenge will be invited to pitch their solution during an online event on Wednesday, June 10. A jury will select a winning idea based on the following criteria:
- How well does the solution address one or more challenges?
- How innovative, sustainable and inclusive is the solution?
- What is the economic and social impact of the solution?
- Can the solution be implemented quickly?
- Does the solution have the potential to scale-up nationally or internationally?
The winning idea per challenge will receive a free experimentation slot on Marineterrein Amsterdam for 3-6 months from June – November. The winners will also get access to the Challenge partners to develop, implement and scale their solution.
Marineterrein Amsterdam Living Lab (MALL) is a collaboration between Bureau Marineterrein, AMS Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions (AMS Institute), Amsterdam Smart City and NEMO Science Museum. The main goal is to develop scalable innovations that make and keep cities liveable. At this unique location in Amsterdam, various communities in the field of research, innovation, urban development bring their expertise together to develop, test, and apply solutions to global urban challenges.
The MALL New Normal Challenge is an initiative of the Marineterrein Amsterdam Living Lab in collaboration with the Chief Technology Office (CTO) of the City of Amsterdam, StartupAmsterdam and Amsterdam Trade & Innovate.
Questions or more information