Improve the safety, accessibility, air quality, quality of life, and attractiveness of Amsterdam.
Action Program Smart Mobility 2016-2018- City of Amsterdam
What is the goal of the project?
The goals of this action program Smart Mobility contribute to the goals of the Executive agenda Mobility and Agenda Sustainability: improving the safety, accessibility, quality of life and attractiveness of Amsterdam.
Goals for the action program specifically:
- Get insights in (technological) developments and innovations in the field of mobility and its impact on the city.
- Anticipate on technological innovations and use these to reach the goals.
- Stimulate and accelerate innovation in the city
- Strengthen cooperation with knowledge institutions and market parties.
- Become smarter als a municipality by working data driven with knowledge institutions and market parties. Condition is to protect privacy and sensitive information more and better. This program needs to work on mobility solutions for Amsterdam. Clean Air is important, but is a bigger topic in the Agenda Sustainability.
What is the result of the project?
The program Smart Mobility will make the accessibility of Amsterdam smarter and more future proof. It is necessary to look forward and map the possibilities.
Who initiated the project and which organizations are involved?
The program Smart Mobility is developed in cooperation with the region of Amsterdam, Amsterdam knowledge institutions, the Amsterdam Economic Board, Amsterdam Smart City, GVB, THNK, private partners in projects en various organizational departments within the municipality. The municipality is actively looking for new collaborations with public and private partners.