Let's be honest. Waste today does not equate something of value, it equates something that is worthless. This is exactly what we want to change with the Excess Materials Exchange.
The Excess Materials Exchange
What is the goal of the project?
The goal of the Excess Materials Exchange (EME) is to speed up the transition to the circular economy by facilitating the exchange of excess materials, enabling highest value re-use.
What is the result of the project?
The EME will have the following benefits:
- Lower environmental footprint (including significant CO2 reductions)
- Make the City of Amsterdam more resource resilient by sourcing and selling materials locally
- Spur innovation around the re-use of materials and attract companies that process waste in innovative ways
Who initiated the project and which organizations are involved?
The project is initiated by the Excess Materials Exchange. Its goal is to successfully scale up the marketplace in the Netherlands (and beyond). The pilot is currently supported by ABN AMRO Bank, ABN AMRO Lease, Accenture, Stibbe, EY, AMS and CBS.
What is the next step?
A pilot project to start in September. Sign-up by contacting us here or through www.excessmaterialsexchange.com.
What can other cities learn from your project?
- Succes stories on material re-use
- Knowledge on the circular economy
@franciszoet wellicht kunnen jullie hier iets mee?