Around the First European Upcycle Centre in Almere De Steiger you see what happens when you base your activities on the assumption that ‘waste’ is a human invention. Many innovative entrepreneurs are setting up their new businesses re-using materials and thinking in a collaborative way. Learn how we ended up in the Cities as they are today and learn how to become a more circular organisation yourself.
Around the First European Upcycle Centre you see what happens when you base your activities on the assumption that ‘waste’ is a human invention. Many innovative entrepreneurs are setting up their new businesses re-using materials and thinking in a collaborative way. This vibrant and energetic yet circular economy is getting attention of international visitors.
At Almere - De Steiger the first European Upcycle Centre was opened in January 2018. During the short period the centre has opened their doors, it has attracted many people from various backgrounds such as circular economy- and social impact entrepreneurs, designers, craftsmen, tech & Smart City entrepreneurs and many curious visitors from all over the world. Innovation is their daily food.
When you visit Almere De Steiger, or ‘AllyTown’ as the city is sometimes called, you’ll witness what happens when you bring together entrepreneurs with a focus on circular and sustainable business models.
Examples of people you’ll meet are
- Craftsmen, producing unique circular marketing products,
- Craftsmen, producing unique and trendy lamps and furniture,
- Providers of sustainable and circular Smart Energy solutions,
- Designers and Manufacturers of Smart & Sustainable Fashion,
- Innovators sharing knowledge regarding entrepreneurship and new tech,
- Students with a focus on Tech, Sustainability and Circularity
- Smart City Designers & Architects
During the visit you’ll get an interactive talk of an experienced entrepreneur about innovation and entrepreneurship in a circular economy. Next to that you will go on a tour and visit 2-4 circular entrepreneurs who will explain how they work in this ecosystem, what their product looks like and how they make a living from their circular organisations.
Almere - De Steiger is not just a circular hub, it is a circular economic hub and is slowly becoming an example for others too. Many national and international celebrities have found this area for the unique handcrafted and sustainable products.
A standard visit complies:
- Presentation about the innovation journey to Smart Cities Today
How did we get to the point where the world is today? What trends do we see to make our world more sustainable and what can you do to help?
- Interactive sessions with innovative & circular entrepreneurs examples are:
- Total solution for Circular & Sustainable households,
- Unique handcrafted Circular Marketing Materials,
- Smart Fashion (3D)/Circular Fashion,
- Upcycled trendy lamps & furniture
- New Tech developments
The visit can be accommodated to individual requests and can be enriched with sessions such as:
- running circular workshops: how to make your business more circular, learn from experts;
- start-up sessions such as coaching or pitch events;
- run a design sprint to solve complex (business) problems in a sustainable & circular way;
- Learn how to innovate by using new technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, 3D technologies or Robotics;
- visit the circular ateliers of the local entrepreneurs
Almere De Steiger is easily accessible by both car and public transport and is situated next to the Floriade area.
Want to book the tour? Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org