The AMS Startup Booster is a business idea development and validation program hosted by AMS Institute, aiming to help aspiring entrepreneurs turn their gut feeling into a business. The entrepreneurs are expected to pursue an impact-driven startup in the field of urban tech.
| Applications should be submitted no later than March 20th |
The program will then start in April and run until June, lasting over 3-months. The format will be hybrid, mainly digital, and where possible live at the AMS Institute (Marineterrein, Amsterdam). The program is most effective when all teams are fully committed so during the aforementioned time period there is a minimum requirement of 16 hours per week for each member.
AMS Startup Booster's core consists of 6 workshops focusing on customer discovery and problem-solution fit. During these workshops, the following topics will be addressed:
- Team fit
- Market segmentation & Customer personas
- Value Proposition & Business Model Canvas
- Hypotheses testing & Experiment design
In addition, a series of complementary masterclasses, peer-to-peer discussions and coaching sessions will be provided to the selected startups. We will close off with a DEMO DAY where the teams will get to showcase their business ideas and MVPs to a panel of experts and entrepreneurs.
For the 2 winning teams, AMS Startup Booster will offer in-kind prizes of 3K euros worth, which will include the following elements:
- Ongoing mentoring by business development experts
- A dedicated office/working space for the next 5 months
- Business promotion & exposure
- Access to a makerspace and prototyping experts
- Designing a real-life experiment in a living lab to further test the business idea
- Access to a large ecosystem of academics, city officials, private and public organizations.
In addition, connections with other programs and potential investors will be made.
We are looking for ambitious students, researchers, and young professionals who have an awesome business idea that could impact city live and solve metropolitan challenges. Please note we are looking for teams not a single founder.
apply for the AMS Startup Booster via this form. Applications should be submitted no later than March 20th.