The City of Amsterdam’s Chief Technology Office (CTO) and Amsterdam Smart City (ASC) receive numerous requests from international delegations interested in Amsterdam’s urban innovations and smart city projects. Delegations consist primarily of civil servants and private sector professionals but we also get requests from researchers, journalists, students and other “innovation tourists”.
In the face of rising demand, we have decided to scale our impact by providing a self-guided tour that will facilitate knowledge transfer. The tour will be launched during We Make The City Festival (20-24 June 2018).
ASC will provide content for the tour but we are seeking a technology partner to help us communicate in an innovative and effective way.
Main criteria for selection:
• The solution will help ASC communicate on ~10 different innovation topics;
• The solution works with Android and iOS devices;
• The solution will help users navigate from point to point;
• The solution works offline;
• The solution leverages innovative infrastructure (e.g., beacons or JC Decaux digital marketing screens) and/or AR capabilities.
NB: Developing a new app is not feasible due to ASC’s limited budget and timeline. Therefore, we suggest leveraging existing technology.
Deadline: Your prototype is available for testing by 4 June and finalized by 20 June
Budget: Your total cost of delivery and support is less than €13,000
If you are interested in this project, then please email a one page proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18:00 Friday, 4 May. Please include the following information in your proposal:
• Description of your solution and how it meets our needs
• Deliverables timeline and budget
If you have any questions, then please post them in the comments section below or email email@example.com.
Interviews for short listed candidates will be held during the week of 7 May and a decision will be announced by 11 May.