On Thursday, 20th April, the first Blockchain Meetup will be held in the K Space, one that focuses on Innovation in Digital Rights Management.
Blockchain Workspace (http://www.blockchainworkspace.com/) and A Lab (http://a-lab.nl) organize a new Blockchain Meetup every third Thursday of the month. The themes will vary from music to health care. Everybody is welcome to the event, whether you are new to the concept or a Blockchain expert. The first edition will discuss innovation in digital rights management, with plenty other topics to come.
Writers could sign their work and track it down, whenever it is copied anywhere in the world?
Creators could sell just 100 copies of a song / piece and prove to their customers that they did so?
You could always proof in the future that you are the original creator of a piece of art?
Who would be the intermediate party of the future that looks after IP and manage digital rights?
Two speakers have been confirmed so far for this meetup, more coming soon.
• Quirijn Meijnen (lawyer at Leopold Meijnen Oosterbaan) has done research into the area of blockchains and digital rights management in an early stage. In 2016 he wrote a blogpost (in Dutch) that summarized the field and added his opinion along the way. He will present the state of blockchains for digital rights management.
• Lykle de Vries will be speaking as well. Lykle is the co-creator of http://bitcoinproperly.org and writer of this article about Hardwell.
• Blockchain basics - made simple
• Challenges and opportunities in Digital Rights Management with Quirijn Meijnen and Lykle de Vries.
• Questions & Answers from a distance - Lykle de Vries (co-creator of bitcoinproperly.org and writer of this article about Hardwell)
• Panel discussion
+ Please RSVP on the Meetup event: https://www.meetup.com/Permissionless-Society/events/238409221/.
We have limited space, as the event is almost full!
You can also attend the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/127399154459344/