The Marineterrein Amsterdam Living Lab (MALL) is a place to develop, test and apply solutions to global urban challenges and it’s the ideal location to bring creative ideas for our post Coronavirus life to fruition.
With The New Normal Challenge, MALL partners are looking for innovative ideas to help shape the new normal on three questions:
- How can restaurants and cafes on the Marineterrein safely reopen and adapt to the rapidly changing governmental guidelines?
- How can we ensure safe access and use of public space on the Marineterrein, especially during upcoming summer months when many people use it for cooling off?
- How can we use the current corona crisis to support lasting change toward more sustainable practices in Amsterdam?
The Challenge closes on June 5 at 19:00! This is your last chance to submit your idea!
Based on a preliminary evaluation by a jury panel, the top three ideas per challenge will be invited to pitch their solution during an online event on June 10. During the event the public can ask questions and vote for their favourite solution.
To join, register via: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zFkD5C_YRD611J3mMc7_6g
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
11:30 – 11:45 Welcome & introduction to The New Normal Challenge
11:45 – 12:30 Pitches & Q&A
- 11:45 – 12:00 Round 1, Reopening Restaurants & Cafes
- Pitches by Nocto, GUTS Tickets , SuperLinda.nl
- 12:00 – 12:15 Round 2, Access & Use of Public Space
- Pitches by The Social Dot, Close to Marineterrein, Wizzymaps
- 12:15 – 12:30 Round 3, Sustainable Practices
- Pitches by Verdantips, Bubble - je zesde zintuig voor afstand, Realtime Public Spacefinder
12:30 – 12:45 Break & jury deliberation
12:45 – 13:00 Winners announced & event end