This workshop is an initiative by Amsterdam Smart City in collaboration with RVO to bring together stakeholders from the Intelligent Cities Challenge (ICC) and the 100 Climate-Neutral Cities (CNC) mission, to share their ambitions and approaches, creating synergy and amplifying their impact.
The Intelligent Cities Challenge (ICC) is a project by the European Commission (EC) helping more than 100 European cities on their way to green, climate-neutral and sustainable growth through the use of digital technologies. In 2021, the EC will also launch the 100 Climate-Neutral Cities (CNC) mission, supporting cities on their away to achieving climate neutrality by 2030. Both the ICC and CNC aim to support European cities in their transformation towards sustainability.
Together with ICC and CNC stakeholders we will discuss:
• The key lessons learned from the ICC regarding collaboration and innovation in city networks
• Examples of technological solutions from the ICC which can be scaled up in the CNC
• Potential collaboration and learning opportunities between ICC and CNC cities
Monday June 21, 15:00-15:55 CEST
• 15:00 – 15:10 Welcome and introductions, Cornelia Dinca (Amsterdam Smart City International Liaison) & Leonie van den Beuken (Amsterdam Smart City Program Director)
• 15:10 – 15:30 Short pitches by ICC and CNC stakeholders including: Jacobine de Zwaan (RVO Advisor Smart Cities), Dana Eleftheriadou (Head of ICC), Paul Tuinder (DG Research & Innovation Advisor), Christiaan Norde (City of Amsterdam International Affairs Advisor)
• 15:30 – 15:50 Roundtable discussion with the audience
• 15:50 – 15:55 Final reflections and program end
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Call for Contributions
Are you an ICC or (aspiring) CNC city representative or stakeholder and would like to share your experience and perspective during the session? Please send an email to Cornelia Dinca via firstname.lastname@example.org with a short explanation of how you would like to contribute to the discussion and we will include you in the program.
Note from ASC: We’ll be there. Who’s with us? Drop a like to let us know.